Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Freudian Slip

So much of my fathers story telling was honed and present in his ability to tell a joke. The fact of the matter is that he could not only deliver a punchline, but he could tell a 15 minute joke and leave the listener riveted for the outcome, even if the recipient had heard the tale 20 times before (which was often the case). To be able to keep a repetitive joke fresh and exciting takes a special something not every person possesses.

This is one of my all time favorites:

A man walks into his office one day only to find his co-worker pouring a cup of morning coffee and talking about how he had the worst Freudian slip the other day.
"Freudian slip? Whats that?" the man asks.
"You know, when you mean to say one thing and you accidentally say something else. Like the other day I needed to fly to Pittsburgh. So I go to the ticket counter and the girl behind the desk has the most enormous breasts I've ever seen. I meant to say, I need 2 tickets to Pittsburgh, but instead I fumble, I need 2 pickets to tits burgh."
"OH!" says the man, "I had one of those Freudian slips the other day as well. I was sitting across the breakfast table from my wife, and I meant to say, Honey-please pass the salt, and out pops....You fucking bitch, you ruined my life!"

Thanks Dad, that one is timeless!

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say that I think this is the most amazing idea. I get so excited to see what's going to come up and I'll try really hard to remember some stories you can tell.

    thank you for doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a goodie! and I've got news for you my old friend, you've inherited your dad's gifts of charm, wit, and humor among others! Love reading these stories

    ReplyDelete