Sunday, June 21, 2009

HAPPY FATHERS DAY DAD!

After authoring this blog for 3 months now, i began to find myself , dare I say, at a loss for words. That is to say that the stories were not coming as fast and furious as I had hoped.

As happens, inspiration finds itself in the most mysterious ways.

I was talking to my mom about potential ideas and she told me the the story which I will share next.
It is true that in the later part of life, our parents become our friends as opposed to just guiders. Our equals as opposed to superiors. However; I rapidly realized this dynamic needs room to bend when one of my moms stories had to do with "naked"!

YIKES MOM!

That's when inspiration struck. Some stories you just need to hear from other people.

So I sent an email out to 5 of Dads closest friends and Ray was the first to respond.
Funny thing is, without provocation, he told the same story as mom, but it was just a little easier to listen too.

Ray and I talked for a while and more stories started to surface. I am now half tank full instead of empty, and ready to receive more. And this on the day that we celebrate fathers! Happy Fathers Day Dad-without further ado, I bring you "Blinding Silence" as recounted by Ray Ferreira.

No comments:

Post a Comment