Wednesday, June 10, 2009

City Folk and Country Squires

This was one of my fathers favorite jokes to tell, and if you ever had a few minutes to lend, you would sit quietly and relish for the 7th, 8th, and 9th time.

A man decides he has had enough of the city life so he buys a piece of land way out in the middle of nowhere where he can relax and find peace.

Late one afternoon in the distance he sees a pick up truck rapidly approaching from miles in the distance.

A man steps out and introduces himself as his "next door neighbor" for the left by about 12 miles. He proceeds to say that he is throwing a party the following weekend and would be much obliged if the stranger would come by for a spell.

"I would love to, thanks." says the city transplant.

The neighbor turns on his heel and heads back to the truck, then abruptly stops and turns.
"Say mister, I gotta warn you. There's gonna be some drinkin and cursin at this party".

"No problem. I'm from the city, I can drink and curse with the best of them". replies our city slicker.

"Good then, see ya Saturday". Heads back and then stops again. "Hey mister, I gotta warn ya, there is probably gonna be some fightin at this party."

"Are you kidding me", says our excited city boy. "I'm from the city, fightin is a way of life. Don'tcha worry about a thing, I can handle my own".

"GREAT! See ya Saturday" Turns to leave and stops again. "O'Boy mister, I gotta warn ya, there is definatley gonna be some fuckin at this party".

"WOW, this party is going to be great. I'm from the city and fuckin is what we do", the over energized man retorts. "But hey mister, what should I wear to your party on Saturday?"

"Don't matter-it's just gonna be us".


Gets Me Every Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment